brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aled Sage <aled.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra HA
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2014 21:58:32 GMT
Hi,

This tutorial walks you through the steps to build a Cassandra blueprint
(in Java rather than yaml):
http://brooklyncentral.github.io/use/examples/nosql-cassandra/index.html

This tutorial code is in the class
brooklyn.demo.WideAreaCassandraCluster [1] and
HighAvailabilityCassandraCluster [2]. You'll need this on your classpath.

If the datacenters are more than a couple of milliseconds apart (i.e.
rather than being like AWS availability zones) then you'll want the
WideAreaCassandraCluster.

I have not tried this example in SoftLayer personally. But I don't
foresee any problems with the WideAreaCassandraCluster, as I've seen
plenty of other examples run in SoftLayer.

Aled

[1]
https://github.com/brooklyncentral/brooklyn-examples/blob/master/simple-nosql-cluster/src/main/java/brooklyn/demo/WideAreaCassandraCluster.java
[2]