brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Navarro <inava...@imathresearch.com>
Subject How to update catalogues and add entities on runtime?
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2014 08:25:20 GMT

Hi all,

I can see Brooklyn's community groups are DEPRECATED (both for user and
developers). I do not know if it is the appropriate way to ask questions
to the community, but I will do anyway ;)

Questions:

1) Is it possible to update catalog's content (or maybe change the
pointed catalog.xml file) on runtime? (I mean, in the way you want to
update available applications from the catalog just with a "refresh
button" in the while Brooklyn is already launched). As I can see, the
only way to do it is re-launching Brooklyn but it is not a very pretty
solution if applications are already running and they must to be
restarted...

2) Is it possible to add new entities by YAML just specifying the
"*.jar" path? I know it is possible to deploy packaged applications
(*.war files) related to an existing entity type, but I do not know how
to launch an entire application. Something like catalog enables, but by
YAML...

If this is a wrong way to resolve doubts, please let me know how to do
it. And sorry for the inconveniences.

Best Regards
--

……………………………………………………………………………………………
IVAN NAVARRO

http://www.imathresearch.com [1]

This message together with any attached documents may contain
confidential information.

If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify it
to the sender and delete it.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.imathresearch.com