brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From David Toy <david....@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Problems building the docs
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 12:32:30 GMT
Richard,

Martin's advice is still good. The Jekyll downgrade was a temporary
solution that stuck. If required, old and new Jekyll can be installed
without conflict. See this gist [1].

It appears that you have already started work on upgrading Brooklyn to use
the newer versions of Jekyll. Good, but this may need to be tackled as a
larger incubation process task.

Currently the site url, used for specifying front page (/) or
versionedcontent (/v/0.7.0-M1/), is passed as an argument to build.sh,
which passes
this as a command line argument to Jekyll. New version of Jekyll do not
support the command line parameters, so build.sh will have to modify
Jekyll's config file on the fly.

The json problem[2] is the result of a 'missing' file. The path in line 5
looks wrong; wasn't expecting double dot sibling traversal. If you didn't
change any of the toc.jsons, then I suspect that the url parameter
(site_url?) is
missing from your new yaml config, or that the newer version of Jekyll are
handling paths differently.

otoh: Jekyll 0.11.2 works for Martin and I.  :)

hth,
David

1. https://gist.github.com/jdtoy/9529932
2. http://pastie.org/private/uvdd6nel8fvdbcxomse4bq#5-7,9