brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Harris <martin.har...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Problems building the docs
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 10:00:01 GMT
Hi Richard,

David Toy sent me this a while ago when I was working on the docs. It was
sent last October, so I don't know how current it is...:

Hi Martin,

Jekyll has been updated and changed how parameters are specified, in a non
backwards compatible way.

// Aside: Some significant tweaking will be required to update how we build
Brooklyn docs to be compatible with the current version of Jekyll.

Here is a temporary workaround to downgrade Jekyll:

*Remove the new version of Jekyll:*

% sudo gem uninstall jekyll

*Add an older version [1]:*

% wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/mojombo/jekyll
/archive/v0.11.2.tar.gz > jekyll-0.11.2.tar.gz
% tar -zxf  jekyll-0.11.2.tar.gz
% cd jekyll-0.11.2.tar.gz
% gem build jekyll.gemspec
% sudo gem install jekyll-0.11.2.gem

1. I'm using 0.11.2 at the moment, but I see that it is now ancient, and
there has been plenty of activity since it was released. A dive into
https://github.com/mojombo/jekyll/releases will show when the url
parameters were changed. (perhaps on transition to version 1?)

Thanks,
David

--
Martin Harris