bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From "li.penghui@zhaopin.com.cn" <li.peng...@zhaopin.com.cn>
Subject Re: Ack mode of individual pulsar
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2018 02:07:21 GMT
Thanks! I try to read the source code of ManagedCursor in pulsar project.
I'm aready pull source code success. i tried branch  master 2.1 2.0 , is any source code
submit not yet?

example

import org.apache.bookkeeper.mledger.proto.MLDataFormats;

I can't find source code in package org.apache.bookkeeper.mledger.proto

li.penghui@zhaopin.com.cn

From: Sijie Guo
Date: 2018-07-12 00:40
To: user; users@pulsar.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ack mode of individual pulsar
+users@pulsar

In the context of pulsar, when a consumer acks a message, it doesn’t remove entries from
bookkeeper. Instead, for each subscription at pulsar, pulsar brokers use a separate ledger
for storing the acknowledgments for each subscription. When a broker receives individual acks,
it writes an entry to the cursor ledger marking that message as acknowledged, when the cursor
ledgers move beyond the data ledger, broker deletes the data ledger.

If ack failed, brokers will try to redeliver the unacked messages after acks timeout. This
is configured as ackTimeout when you construct a consumer instance.

Hope this helps.

Sijie

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 2:38 AM li.penghui@zhaopin.com.cn <li.penghui@zhaopin.com.cn>