bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject BOOKKEEPER-867 New Client API to allow applications pass-in EntryId.
Date Wed, 10 May 2017 10:14:37 GMT
Hi,
I am trying to understand this API
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BOOKKEEPER-867

In particular I would like to know which are the constraints on the
sequence of entry ids.

I am going to use one LedgerHandle from multiple threads and handle
locally the sequence of ids in order to "book" blocks of entry ids.
I am using a ledger in order to store blobs (binary large object) and
I need to split a blob into multiple entries and I would like all the
entries of a single blob to spawn a contiguous range or entry ids (so
that I can store only the first and the last id and not all the chain)

Example:
Thread-1 starts writing entries from 5 to 10
While Thread-1 already sent entries 5 and 6 Thread-2 starts to add
entries 20 to 30.

Thanks

-- Enrico