bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Matteo Merli <matteo.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New BookKeeper Proposal "Allow Reads outside the LAC Protocol"
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2017 17:10:55 GMT
In this commit from the Yahoo branch we did a similar thing
https://github.com/yahoo/bookkeeper/commit/92e2f906f83d997b5cf5ffd2bcfcdbe53ca3bd04

The idea there was to have a CLI tool to dump the content of a ledger,
reading all the entries (or a subset of them) without triggering the ledger
recovery, because a writer might still be present.
So, the tool keeps reading the leader, past the LAC until it reaches a
NoEntry error.