bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HerdDB: a Distributed 'embeddable' Database built on Apache BookKeeper
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 15:37:16 GMT
Thank you Sijie,
I will write about it as soon as we release the first GA version of HerdDB.
I would like to talk about this topic at ApacheCon Miami, I'm going to
submit a proposal of BoF about BookKeeper in general and the specific use
case of HerdDB, with a special focus on "embedding BookKeeper"

I'm also waiting for the release of 4.5.0 version which includes a lot of
improvements for HerdDB (placemement policy with custom metadata,
network-less bookies....).

As far as the release of 4.5.0 is taking long time I'm thinking about
starting the work on ZooKeeper-less BookKeeper, for single instance
stand-alone bookie + client

Cheers