bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli - Diennea <enrico.olive...@diennea.com>
Subject Bookkeeper Backup and Disaster Recovery
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 14:13:30 GMT
Hi,
I would like set up an effective disaster recovery system for BookKeeper.
The case of a single bookie unrecoverably lost is not a problem "by design", we use replication
for such an issue.
So my case is that all bookies in the same cluster are lost (datacenter disaster).

From my point of view the element to backup are:
- Bookies
- ZooKeeper data related to BookKeeper

Since it is not possible to take a "distributed snapshot" of the system, I wonder if anyone
has already dealt with this problem and how it is possible to implement a basic recovery procedure
which allows at least to read bookie contents.

One idea is to backup only bookie data, and read contents parsing raw data files.

Any experience ?

Thanks

--
Enrico Olivelli
Software Development Manager @Diennea

MagNews - E-mail Marketing Solutions
http://www.magnews.it
Diennea - Digital Marketing Solutions
http://www.diennea.com

Iscriviti alla nostra newsletter per rimanere aggiornato su digital ed email marketing! http://www.magnews.it/newsletter/

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not
the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. Any unauthorized,
direct or indirect, disclosure, copying, storage, distribution or other use is strictly forbidden.