bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Distributed key valute store using bookkeeper
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 07:09:35 GMT
Thank you. I was looking something like HBase but more simple and
embeddable in a JVM.
My use case is the following:
I have a service actually implemented as a group of JVM which in turn use a
shared traditional Sql database like Mysql.
 I do not want an external storage engine but I would like that data can be
managed by the service jvms themselves which can  be added to the cluster
dynamically.
One advantage in having an embedded storage is that a single machine
installation can be setup by only installing the JVM program. Actually we
use H2 for this scenario but it cannot be used in production. Even for this
single instance case we need at least a Mysql db which is really a burden
for installers and for maintenance.
The second advantage is to have a storage that can be expanded very simply
by adding service machines to the cluster.
My typical cluster size is no more that 10 machines due to the nature of
the service.

We are already using bookkeeper as core low level service for our business
and I hoped that something was already available.

Thanks
-- Enrico