bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Yumei Li <yumeili1...@gmail.com>
Subject Kafka vs BookKeeper
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 09:38:46 GMT
Hello bookkeepers:

I am a newbie to the bookkeeper community. We are looking for a replicated
log service that could be used for a pub/sub project. Looking around
bookkeeper documents, it sounds like bookkeeper is a pretty good fit for
our user cases: we need durability and could be able to scale up to ten
thousands of topics. But comparing to Kafka, it seems the API is pretty low
level, we have to manage the numbered ledgers.

Do you guys have a detailed comparison between Kafka and BookKeeper? Like
architecture, features and performance. That would be a good guideline for
people like me coming to bookkeeper world.

- YL