bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli - Diennea <enrico.olive...@diennea.com>
Subject R: switching from FlatLedgerManager to HierarchicalLedgerManager
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 08:23:16 GMT
I’m running 4.3.1 in production. So I think that there is no hope nowadays

In https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BOOKKEEPER-878 you say you will port –BOOKKEEPER-438
to 4.3.2, is it correct ?
Actually I’m waiting for 4.3.2 for another problem, it would be very helpful to include
BOOKKEEPER-438

if you think that it is doable  I would reproduce the env in staging machines by creating
100.000 ledgers and I will try to upgrade otherwise I do not known how to recover my production
system (with 800.000 ledgers)

Thank you very much

Da: Sijie Guo [mailto:sijie@apache.org]
Inviato: giovedì 5 novembre 2015 19:57
A: user@bookkeeper.apache.org
Oggetto: Re: switching from FlatLedgerManager to HierarchicalLedgerManager

It isn't doable in 4.3.* version. since the id generation path isn't configurable in HierarchicalLedgerManager.
It is doable after we have https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BOOKKEEPER-438 in master.
created a jira about verifying and documenting the steps: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BOOKKEEPER-878.
I will try to get to it today. Enrico, does it work for you?
- Sijie

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 8:07 PM, Enrico Olivelli - Diennea <enrico.olivelli@diennea.com<mailto:enrico.olivelli@diennea.com>>