bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Enrico Olivelli - Diennea <enrico.olive...@diennea.com>
Subject Fastest way to write to bookkeeper
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 12:02:46 GMT
Hi,
What is the fastest way to write to BookKeeper a batch of entries ?

I'm using a sequence of asyncAddEntry, some thing like the code below:

List<Long> res= new ArrayList<>(); // holds entry sequence numbers
CountDownLatch latch = new CountDownLatch(size);
for (int i = 0; i < size; i++) {
   this.out.asyncAddEntry(entry, new AsyncCallback.AddCallback() {

    public void addComplete(int rc, LedgerHandle lh, long entryId, Object i) {
                            int index = (Integer) i;
                            if (rc != BKException.Code.OK) {
                                BKException error = BKException.create(rc);
                                exception.value = error;
                                res.set(index, null);
                                for (int j = 0; j < size; j++) {
                                    // early exit
                                    latch.countDown();
                                }
                            } else {
                                res.set(index, entryId);
                                latch.countDown();
                            }
                        }
                    }, i);
    }
latch.await();

Would it be faster to group all the entries in one "large" entry ? This may alter application
semantics but if it would be faster I will do the refactor

Can I file an issue in order to implement a "batchAddEntries" which implements the write of
a batch of entries within the native Bookkeeper client ?

Enrico Olivelli
Software Development Manager @Diennea
Tel.: (+39) 0546 066100 - Int. 925
Viale G.Marconi 30/14 - 48018 Faenza (RA)

MagNews - E-mail Marketing Solutions
http://www.magnews.it<http://www.magnews.it/>
Diennea - Digital Marketing Solutions
http://www.diennea.com<http://www.diennea.com/>