bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Aniruddha Laud <trojan.of.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Low write bandwidth
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 14:45:09 GMT
On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 7:00 AM, Maciej Smoleński <jezdnia@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank You for Your comment.
>
> Unfortunately, these option will not help in my case.
> In my case BookKeeper client will receive next request when previous
> request is confirmed.
> It is expected also that there will be only single stream of such requests.
>
> I would like to understand how to achieve performance equal to the network
> bandwidth.

to saturate bandwidth, you will have to have more than one outstanding
request. 250 requests/second gives you 4ms per request. With each entry
100K in size, that's not unreasonable. My suggestion would be to monitor
the write latency from the client to the server.

ping -s 65000 should give you a baseline for what to expect with latencies.

With 100K packets, you are going to see fragmentation at both the IP and
the Ethernet layer. That wasn't the case with 1K payload.

How many hops does one need to go from one machine to another? - higher the
hops, higher the latency