bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jiannan Wang <jian...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [Discussion] [Hedwig] Add queue semantic support for Hedwig
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2013 15:10:42 GMT
Hi Flavio,

"With this solution, depending on how fast the subscriber reacts, the
message could be garbage collected by the time the subscriber comes in and
says "oldest sequence id", no? In my understanding, the property you're
looking for can only be guaranteed in a best-effort fashion, the system
can't guarantee it will be there."
-------
You are right, so I suggest to slightly change current message garbage
collection strategy in previous mail: "For idea 1), we also need to change
current message garbage collection behavior in Hedwig: for topic with no
subscriber, keep the message  with messageBound limit instead of deleting
all messages."

Thanks,
Jiannan