bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Savitha Devi Inbasekaran <Savith...@smartek21.com>
Subject RE: Integrating namenode with bookkeeper
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 06:28:47 GMT
Thanks Uma. I was able generate all the necessary jar files. But when I format the hdfs namenode
I got the following error.

bin/hdfs: line 162: exec: : not found

Thanks,
Savitha
From: Uma Maheswara Rao G [mailto:maheswara@huawei.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:24 PM
To: bookkeeper-user@zookeeper.apache.org
Cc: Ivan Kelly
Subject: RE: Integrating namenode with bookkeeper

I am not sure which commens you executed for building.

See the section in that document:

=========================

Building BookKeeper Journal Manager plugin jar

To generate the distribution packages for BK journal, do the following.

$ mvn clean package -Pdist

This will generate a jar with the BookKeeperJournalManager, all the dependencies needed by
the journal manager, hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/contrib/bkjournal/target/hadoop-hdfs-bkjournal-VERSION.jar

After downloading Hadoop code with svn checkout, go to folder hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/contrib/bkjournal
execute the folowing command:
mvn clean install -DskipTests

this will clean everything and generate the jars cleanly for you. I gave -DskipTests option
to just skipping test cases running(that will take time if you run).

After this go to hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/contrib/bkjournal/target folder. Here
you can see the jar file.

Please note that: I hope you have maven installed and protocol buffers also installed. If
not please install them first. They needed while building.

>From above trace, looks like you are executing some ant commands? BKJM build supports
maven. please try with the above suggested commands.