bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Sijie Guo <guosi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Password do not work in bookkeeper
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 08:08:37 GMT
Hello ChenWei,

> But what's the strange, I can open the ledger with any password.

For 4.1, you could open the ledger. It expected that you should not read
any entries from the ledger. Could you read any entries using a wrong
password?

> but in the real API, it only accept byte[], so I use password.getBytes()
as the parameters

It accepts only bytes. Which document you referred? The javadoc?

> when I administrate a Bookkeeper cluster, is there any tools to help me
clean all the data from one or every bookie?

In 4.2.0 (not released yet), we provided bookieformat and metaformat to
help formatting a bookkeeper cluster.