bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Will it be a problem if I use millions of ledgers in BookKeeper?
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 08:02:55 GMT
Hi Wei Chen,

Your question does not make much sense without more information. Millions of ledgers over
how many bookies and how much time? What's the traffic for each ledger?

In general I would say that it is not a problem because we have designed real applications
that work with two orders of magnitude more ledgers than what you're referring to.

-Flavio

On Oct 23, 2012, at 9:57 AM, ChenWei wrote:

> Hi,
>   In the designing of BookKeeper, how many ledgers are acceptable?
>   I may use millions of ledgers in turn. And I only write into the newest ledgers in
one client but may randomly read all the history ledgers on several other clients. Will it
lead to a low efficiency for writing and reading or a heavy load on ZooKeeper?