bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From ChenWei <spark....@gmail.com>
Subject Should I use Hedwig or BookKeeper?
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2012 16:01:15 GMT
Hello,
  I need a reliable system that can store and distribute logs among several
servers. It means, one server writes logs and others can get notice at once
and read this log. Any one of these servers dies, logs can be recovered.
  I was planing to use BookKeeper because my demand is very similar with
that of HDFS namenode, but I found that there is no notice mechanism in it
and when a server is writing logs, others can not read them safely. But
Hedwig seems to be used to solve this problem. Do I comprehend them
correctly?
  But why HDFS namenode inspired BookKeeper instead of Hedwig?

--

Wei Chen, Graduate Student
LIGO Scientific Collaboration Research Group