bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hello, is there a C or C++ client for BookKeeper?
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 10:01:00 GMT
>     I think I cannot use the client of Hedwig to operate BookKeeper, is it
> right?
It depends on what you want to do, but probably not.

>     I do have interest on it but I need to evaluate the work more. Is it a
> good way to call Java API with C/C++ in your opinion?
Again, depending on what you want to do. Calling through the JNI/java api
will certainly be a simpler solution, as in bookkeeper, most of the
complexity is in the client. However, if you plan to put it into a
production environment, a native client would be better to avoid
unnecessary overhead from using/requiring a JVM.

-Ivan