bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Uma Maheswara Rao G <mahesw...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Exploring distributed BookKeeper to use in work flow for storing some state information
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 07:06:13 GMT
Hey Inder,

That's great news, you are exploring BookKeeper :-)

 You have mentioned XML format files, I am not sure you will get the advantage in this format
with BK in any case.

Here BK support entry level write.

It is like, you can write line by line append. It mainly fits for write ahead logging. I am
not sure what is your use case exactly.

Any application that requires an append storage can replace their implementations with BookKeeper.

take a look at http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/bookkeeperOverview.html

And for the other question:

currently ~10 contributors are there for BookKeeper (from Ivan previous mail). New members
are joining as well.

We are using BookKeeper in NameNode HA.  I feel it is healthy, doing many activities. It will
grow infuture as well.

See the Ivan's mail recently for board report :http://www.mail-archive.com/bookkeeper-dev@zookeeper.apache.org/msg02451.html.

Start contributing to BK http://zookeeper.apache.org/bookkeeper/ , if you have interest :-)

Regards,