bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Junqueira <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Exploring distributed BookKeeper to use in work flow for storing some state information
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 07:05:34 GMT
Thanks for your interest, Inder Paul. BookKeeper focuses on sequential workloads and targets
tasks like write-ahead logging. It supports multiple concurrent logs being written to and
offers strong durability guarantees for data appended to logs. BookKeeper is not a general-purpose
data store, though.

-Flavio

On Jul 3, 2012, at 8:28 PM, Inder.dev Java wrote:

> HI,
>
> We have workflow kind system, here I came to know that BookKeeper is highly available
storage system. I am exploring I can use BookKeeper for storing some of the state information.
I have the data in XML format. will it support? or I should have flat line based files?