bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: when I run mvn test most of the tests fail in org.apache.bookkeeper.client.BookKeeper.createLedger
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 13:28:08 GMT
> I'm not running a zookeeper ensemble. I shouldn't be right? When I try to
> run the bookkeeper tests with a zookeeper running I get lots of
> "java.net.BindException: Address already in use" exceptions.
Nope, the tests start a zk ensemble for you. If there's one already in
place, you'll have a problem you'll get this error, but it doesn't
seem to be the case here.

> I couldn't figure out how to provide a log4j.properties to the tests, but I
> don't really know for sure that better logging output will reveal anything
> useful or now. If someone points me in the right direction, I'll provide an
> output containing debugging logs.
To turn on logging, modify
bookkeeper-server/src/test/resources/log4j.properties

Could you run /sbin/sysctl -n net.ipv6.bindv6only and tell us the
output.

-Ivan