bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From John Nagro <jna...@hubspot.com>
Subject Re: BK servers in a funky state
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 18:41:03 GMT
All 5 machines behave the same way. It is not the end of the world if we
can't recover the data from them in this instance, but at some point the
data sent through this WAL will be very important to be able to recover in
the event of a crash.

I tried to move the logs/current directory out of the way, replacing it
with another and got this:

2012-04-05 14:39:31,829 - INFO  [main-EventThread:Bookie$3@678] - ZK client
has been reconnected to the ZK server!
2012-04-05 14:39:31,854 - ERROR [main:Bookie@331] - Cookie exists in
zookeeper, but not in all local directories
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/bookkeeper/logs/current/VERSION (No
such file or directory)
at java.util.Scanner.<init>(Scanner.java:636)
at org.apache.bookkeeper.bookie.Cookie.readFromDirectory(Cookie.java:188)
at org.apache.bookkeeper.bookie.Bookie.checkEnvironment(Bookie.java:326)
at org.apache.bookkeeper.bookie.Bookie.<init>(Bookie.java:401)
at org.apache.bookkeeper.proto.BookieServer.<init>(BookieServer.java:75)
at org.apache.bookkeeper.proto.BookieServer.main(BookieServer.java:294)
2012-04-05 14:39:31,856 - ERROR [main:BookieServer@308] - Exception running
bookie server :
org.apache.bookkeeper.bookie.BookieException$InvalidCookieException
at org.apache.bookkeeper.bookie.Bookie.checkEnvironment(Bookie.java:332)
at org.apache.bookkeeper.bookie.Bookie.<init>(Bookie.java:401)
at org.apache.bookkeeper.proto.BookieServer.<init>(BookieServer.java:75)
at org.apache.bookkeeper.proto.BookieServer.main(BookieServer.java:294)

which makes me believe i'd need to clean out the cookie entry in ZK for
this server?

Thanks.
-John