bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh R <rake...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Standby NN is skipping the Checkpointing ?
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 11:33:37 GMT
Thank you Ivan.
Rakesh

From: Ivan Kelly [ivank@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:05 PM
To: bookkeeper-user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Re: Standby NN is skipping the Checkpointing ?

The trunk there is about 2 weeks old. However, you can build the
bkjournal from there, and use that with a trunk checked out from
somewhere else.

When you build bkjournal, it should generate a file
hadoop-common/hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/contrib/bkjournal/target/hadoop-hdfs-bkjournal-0.24.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

You just need to drop this in the lib directory of your hadoop-hdfs
install to use the bkjournal then.

When building bkjournal on it's own use

mvn clean package -Pdist -Dmaven.test.skip=true

The tests don't build with trunk (fix for this is in the pending
patches)

-Ivan

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 08:39:11AM +0000, Rakesh R wrote:
> ok. Hope the gitub project is built using the latest trunk version?
> Anyway I will try to use the github.
>
> Thanks,
> Rakesh

details in both the NNs and observed no 'journalSet' is creating in the BNN side. Probably
will try either by merging HDFS-3058 or using the gitub repos.