bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about "asyncAddEntry"
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2012 10:31:12 GMT
On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 12:16:47PM +0800, Dongdong Guo wrote:
> thanks very much
> if I store the ledger in the two bookie´╝î then one bookie failed , only one bookie store
the ledger data, will the ledger data be replicated  to another bookie, thanks
Not automatically, you need to use the bookie recovery tool for this. To
do this, run:

bookkeeper-server/bin/bookkeeper org.apache.bookkeeper.tools.BookKeeperTools <zkensemble>
<crashedbookie> <newbookie>

<crashedbookie> and <newbookie> should be named as host:port, take a
look in /ledgers/available in zookeeper to see what they are.

You also need to set the environment variables, digestType & passwd
correctly so that the tool can use the affected ledgers. There is a
JIRA open to make this automatic.

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you,

_Ivan