bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel S. Kim" <ksw2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hedwig Subproject::Hubs owning some topics that doesn't exist.
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 16:13:13 GMT
I thought the messages persisted in the bookies even after someone consumes
it. I had one test topic with one publisher and one subscriber. I published
about 5 messages to the topic. I subscribed and consumed messages from my
listener, which just prints out the message along with its sequence number.
When I get rid of this listener and start another one, this new listener
will get all previous messages from the topic. How is this possible if
messages are not being piled up somewhere (bookies)? Does the hub keep all
the messages? I am somewhat confused how consuming messages get rid of old
messages. In my thought, they persisted in the bookies. Correct me if I am
wrong.

Also I would like to contribute by adding delete method (if it is possible)
and topic eviction, etc. However, I feel that I need to study its system,
but I am not seeing very much information at
http://zookeeper.apache.org/bookkeeper/docs/trunk/hedwigDesign.html. Is
there any other design documentation with more details? Where is the best
place to learn how hedwig is built without 100% digging through codes?

Regard,

--
Daniel S. Kim