bookkeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Kelly <iv...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Hedwig Subproject::Hubs owning some topics that doesn't exist.
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 17:58:52 GMT
Nor is there an API to create a topic. A topic in hedwig is never created or destroyed explicitly
by the client. Why do you want to delete the topic? What behaviour are you expecting?

-Ivan

On 21 Dec 2011, at 00:13, Daniel S. Kim wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> Since there is no hedwig API to delete a topic, I used zookeeper java client to delete
the znodes associated with that topic. For an example, I delete /hedwig/standalone/topics/mytopic
and its child znode(s) in order to delete a topic named, "mytopic". As a result, bookies would
delete data associated with this topic as well. However, I can still publish and subscribe
to "mytopic" topic at this point even though there is no znodes or data for this topic. The
hub kept all the cache and believes that the topic is still "alive". The documents says that
the hub will lose its topic ownership if the hub is overloaded or the periodic redistribution
kicks in. Is there any way to tell the hub to forget about the topic?