bookkeeper-distributedlog-dev mailing list archives

From Asko Kauppi <asko.kau...@zalando.fi>
Subject What's the 'name' parameter for opening a Write Proxy Client?
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2016 14:19:00 GMT
In http://distributedlog.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/tutorials/basic-2.html <http://distributedlog.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/tutorials/basic-2.html>

DistributedLogClientBuilder builder = DistributedLogClientBuilder.newBuilder();
        .clientId(ClientId.apply("console-proxy-writer"))
        .name("console-proxy-writer”);

What’s the role of the client id (is it only for logging/debugging)?

What’s the role of the name? How is it different from client id?

Where do I provide the DistributedLog namespace that I wish to write to?

Asko Kauppi
Zalando Tech Helsinki