bookkeeper-distributedlog-dev mailing list archives

From 康斯淇 <kangs...@ict.ac.cn>
Subject I have some problem when I run distributedlog-benchmark.I need help!
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2016 08:19:48 GMT

Could you please do me a favor? I’m a beginner of DL. These days I run the DL-benchmark
and I encounter some problems.

1. I have a doubt what the benchmark actually tests. For instance, I found in the class com.twitter.benchmark.stream.AsyncReaderBenchmark,
it records the time to open the reader and the time to read records. But after I run the class,
I found only the first time is recorded in file dbench.log. So I have no idea about how it
shows performance of AsyncLogReader and whether it test the throughput of AsyncLogReader.

2. Another problem is LedgerReadBenchmark. I found when read in this way, it starts a thread
which the other two didn’t. I would have thought I should do some comparsion between AsyncReaderBenchmark/SyncReaderBenchmark
and LedgerReadBenchmark. So what LedgerReadBenchmark actually tests?

3. I found both of AsyncLogReader and LogReader read records sequentially and AsyncLogReader
shows better performance. I want to know the different usage scenario of them.

4. what is the difference between entry and log record?

Looking forward to your answer!

--

康斯淇
中国科学院计算技术研究所  先进计算中心