bookkeeper-distributedlog-dev mailing list archives

From Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 07:02:03 GMT
Based on the post
https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/git_based_websites_available, we can
enable 'gitpubsub' on an asf git repo, so it will pull the content either
under root directory or `content` directory from *asf-site* branch of that
repo.

I checked other asf projects. I found there are two approaches to do that.

1) use a separated repo for storing the content of website. so they will be
two repo, one is `project` while the other one is typically `project`-site
or `project`-web.
2) use a single repo and just put the built static content into the  *asf-site
*branch.

I am kind of leaning toward 2). since I'd like to put documentation and
code together in a single repo. so it is good to make sure whenever there
is code change, the documentation should be updated and reflected. we can
probably write a script to build the website and push the built static
content to *asf-site *branch.

Any thoughts?

- Sijie