bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Terry Mark <terry.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Password authentication issues when running bloodhound_setup.py
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 18:54:37 GMT
I've confirmed that I can connect to the bloodhound database as the
bloodhound user:

(bloodhound)srv-lifelabssvn:/home/tmark/bloodhound/installer# psql -U
bloodhound -W -d bloodhound
Password for user bloodhound:
psql (9.3.6)
Type "help" for help.

bloodhound=>

However, when I run bloodhound_setup.py, I invariably get an error.  I had
read that others had experienced problems with passwords which required
escaping of some characters, so I ensured that these passwords should not
require escaping.

(bloodhound)root@srv-lifelabssvn:/home/tmark/bloodhound/installer# python
bloodhound_setup.py -u bloodhound -p test1234 -d postgres
--admin-user=admin --admin-password=abc123 --database-host=127.0.0.1
--project=
main --environments_directory=bloodhound/environments
Warning: Environment already exists at bloodhound/environments/main.
Warning: Updating
/home/tmark/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/environments/main/bloodhound.htdigest.
Backup created at
/home/tmark/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/environments/main/bloodhound.htdigest_bak_1.
Adding TRAC_ADMIN permissions to the admin user admin
Error: TimeoutError: Unable to get database connection within 0 seconds.
(OperationalError: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user
"bloodhound"
FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "bloodhound"
)
Running upgrades
Error: TimeoutError: Unable to get database connection within 0 seconds.
(OperationalError: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user
"bloodhound"
FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "bloodhound"
)
Error: TimeoutError: Unable to get database connection within 0 seconds.
(OperationalError: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user
"bloodhound"
FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "bloodhound"
)
Running wiki upgrades
Error: TimeoutError: Unable to get database connection within 0 seconds.
(OperationalError: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user
"bloodhound"
FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "bloodhound"
)
Running wiki Bloodhound upgrades
Error: TimeoutError: Unable to get database connection within 0 seconds.
(OperationalError: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user
"bloodhound"
FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "bloodhound"
)
Error: TimeoutError: Unable to get database connection within 0 seconds.
(OperationalError: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user
"bloodhound"
FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "bloodhound"
)
Running default product wiki upgrades
Error: TimeoutError: Unable to get database connection within 0 seconds.
(OperationalError: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user
"bloodhound"
FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "bloodhound"
)
Running default product Bloodhound wiki upgrades
Error: TimeoutError: Unable to get database connection within 0 seconds.
(OperationalError: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user
"bloodhound"
FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "bloodhound"
)

You can now start Bloodhound by running:

  tracd --port=8000
/home/tmark/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/environments/main

And point your browser at http://localhost:8000/main

What am I doing wrong ? I know sqlite3 is supposed to be easier to deploy,
but we'd really rather figure this out now and use the database we want to
use from the outset.

thanks !
terry