bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Ryan J Ollos <rjol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Password authentication issues when running bloodhound_setup.py
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 20:52:39 GMT
On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Terry Mark <terry.mark@gmail.com> wrote:

> However, when I run bloodhound_setup.py, I invariably get an error.  I had
> read that others had experienced problems with passwords which required
> escaping of some characters, so I ensured that these passwords should not
> require escaping.

Just for reference, the characters that need to be URL-encoded are listed
here:
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracEnvironment#DatabaseConnectionStrings

What am I doing wrong ? I know sqlite3 is supposed to be easier to deploy,
> but we'd really rather figure this out now and use the database we want to
> use from the outset.

You could look in the config file in your environments "config" directory.
You should see trac.ini and another file ... I forget the name, but it
might be bloodhound.ini. I believe the later contains the database string
in the [trac] section. I'd check that it looks correct.