bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Product / Version strategies
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 21:10:38 GMT
On 8/26/15, Oscar Edvardsson <oscar@monivent.se> wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi !
:)

> I am about to set up a new Bloodhound server. I have a structure issue
> though.
> We aim at using the wiki and ticket system to manage three different parts
> of our system. Each part may involve software/firmware, hardware and/or
> mechanics, and each of these have different versions. It may look like
> below.

In my experience sometimes the best way to structure issue tracking is
by discipline , instead of system's organisation . In a real world
similarly complex deployment what I did was the following :

Two BH instances , one for each intl branch .

Six domains (mapped 2 to 4 onto BH instances) for each discipline
(mechatronic , soft eng , automatic control , 3D design ,
manufacturing , sales/customer support/strategy) . Products names in
those instances were mapped onto domains by prefix e.g. mech_sensor1
=> mech_sensor1.mech.domain.tld , swe_app1 => swe_app1.swe.domain.tld
, ...

The separation of domains helped us to deal with authentication ,
cookies , and alike ... In each case , components + milestones +
versions .

HTH

[...]

--