bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Matt Brown <matthewbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Quick runup: plugin installation?
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2015 12:34:23 GMT
Thanks Ryan!

For future reference, the following procedure worked:

1) grabbed the source zip
2) decompressed
3) accessed the directory with the setup.py (that I wished to install)
4) ran the following:

python setup.py bdist_egg

5) located the `.egg` file in the ./dist/ directory
6) copied the `.egg` into the plugins directory located
./installer/bloodhound/environments/main/plugins
7) stopped the server that's handling trac/bloodhound
8) the plugin is now listed in admin> General/plugins where I checked off
the options I'd like to enable.
9) In my case (being the trac.ini Editor
https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracIniAdminPanelPlugin ), there appeared a
menu entry on the admin> General menu.

Could I have also just used the Bloodhound web UI to install the .egg
file?  What else would this have done other than copying the .egg file into
the plugins directory?

Thanks!

Matt