bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From "Harris, Christopher P" <chris_har...@baxter.com>
Subject RE: "/bloodhound/[^/]+/login"
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 23:01:59 GMT
After some Googling, I read the following:
([^/]+)
Which means match text of 1 or more characters until a forward slash is found.
So, that would match a URL such as:
http://localhost/bloodhound/blah/login

So, I tried the following:
/bloodhound/[^/]*/login
...but that didn't work either.  Basic auth is effectively disabled, and I'm not greeted with
a Basic auth dialog box by the browser.

Do I really need "/bloodhound/[^/]+/login" as my RegEx pattern to catch whatever it is that
the Trac/Bloodhound authors intend for me to catch?

-        Chris Harris

From: Harris, Christopher P
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 5:42 PM
To: 'user@bloodhound.apache.org'
Subject: "/bloodhound/[^/]+/login"

Hi.

Since I started using Bloodhound, around v0.4, I've had issues with the RegEx pattern "/bloodhound/[^/]+/login"
that's defined in my Apache HTTPd  web server's virtual hosts config.

Specifically, my issue is that it never works!
If I click on the Login link on the Bloodhound home page, I'm redirected to the login page,
but I'm not greeted with a basic auth dialog box by the browser.  Yes, my basic auth creds
from previous sessions are being cleared...in case that's what you're thinking.  Ironically,
I've had much success with IE 8 in regard to clearing my basic auth credentials.

I've only had success with the following RegEx patterns:
/bloodhound/login      <-- this pattern being the most ideal out of these 2 patterns
/bloodhound

Still, I can circumvent the basic auth dialog box if I type in more than 1 forward slash in
between bloodhound and before login.  That's not ideal.

I think I understand that the pattern in question means to catch URL's that have any number
of forward slashes after bloodhound and before login.
Ex - http://localhost/bloodhound//////login<http://localhost/bloodhound/login>

Is my understanding correct?

I know...this is not exactly Bloodhound-specific.  It's more Apache HTTPd-specific or RegEx-specific.

In any case, can someone please explain to me why "/bloodhound/[^/]+/login" is not working?

Here's my httpd-vhosts.conf  (and, in any case, I can at least share my working config that
auths with Active Director groups in Apache 2.4  :)  ):

WSGIPythonHome C:/apache/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound
WSGIPythonPath C:/apache/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/site;C:/apache/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/Lib/site-packages

#****NOTE****The following virtual host uses mod_authz_ldap.so to handle auth access to Bloodhound.
# Go to http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_authnz_ldap.html for documentation.

<VirtualHost *:80>
               WSGIScriptAlias /bloodhound C:/apache/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/site/cgi-bin/trac.wsgi
               <Directory C:/apache/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/site/cgi-bin>
                              WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
                              Require all granted
                              <Files trac.wsgi>
                                             Require all granted
                              </Files>
               </Directory>
               LogLevel debug
               <LocationMatch "/bloodhound/[^/]+/login">
                              AuthLDAPURL "ldap://<the_host>:3268/<the_search_base>?<the_attribute>?sub?(objectClass=<the_object_class>)"
                              AuthLDAPBindDN "<the_bind_dn>"
                              AuthLDAPBindPassword "<the_password>"
                              LDAPReferrals Off

                              AuthType Basic
                              AuthName "Bloodhound - Please Provide Your Credentials"
                              AuthBasicProvider ldap
                              Require ldap-group <the_ldap_group>
                              AuthLDAPGroupAttribute member
                              AuthLDAPGroupAttributeIsDN on
               </LocationMatch>
</VirtualHost>

-        Chris Harris

The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. Delivery of this message
to any person other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive privilege
or confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of
any action in reliance upon, this information by entities other than the intended recipient
is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.

For Translation:

http://www.baxter.com/email_disclaimer