bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Mark Abbate <abbat...@gmail.com>
Subject Requesting rpc ticket.query advice
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2015 22:00:18 GMT
Hi All

I'm in a situation where I need to perform queries via RPC but it looks
like I'm limited by the simple query language.

For example, I need to query for a range of values in a custom field I
added that holds an epoch millisec value.

I *could* use the report methods to create a report that uses SQL, and
then execute that report on the fly, but afaict I cannot then delete
that report which makes this approach impractical because this will be a
heavily used activity.

I did try to populate the ticket.query with SQL such as:

{"params": ["SELECT id FROM ticket WHERE  id='1000'"] , "method":
"ticket.query"}

but I get back a list of all ticket ids. If I execute that same SELECT
in a report in BH I get ticket 1000 back.

(1) Am I missing something in the query language?

(2) Would it be a modest task for me to modify ticket.query to accept
SQL? I haven't looked into the BH code at all. If yes, pointers are welcome.

(3) Would it be easier to add a report.delete?

(4) Or shall I just make my own custom rest interface and access the BH
DB directly for read only queries?

As always, thanks for the effort put into this tool, really useful.
Best
Mark