bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: blood hound & mysql doesn't work with the install script
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 18:46:27 GMT
On 09.02.2015 19:28, Ryan J Ollos wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 11:21 PM, Branko ─îibej <brane@wandisco.com
> <mailto:brane@wandisco.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 09.02.2015 07:27, Ryan J Ollos wrote:
>>     On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 7:52 PM, Ted <r6squeegee@gmail.com
>>     <mailto:r6squeegee@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         nope... I'm not a python developer so I don't know where it
>>         actually looks for these.
>>
>>         (bhenv)[~/data/apps/bhenv]python
>>         Python 2.7.8 (default, Nov 10 2014, 08:19:18)
>>         [GCC 4.9.2 20141101 (Red Hat 4.9.2-1)] on linux2
>>         Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more
>>         information.
>>         >>> import MySQLdb
>>         Traceback (most recent call last):
>>           File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>>         ImportError: No module named MySQLdb
>>         >>>

>>      It seems that MySQLdb is not being inherited from the global
>>     site-packages directory. You could try "easy_install MySQLdb",
>>     using easy_install from your virtualenv.
>
>     Virtualenv defaults to --no-site-packages, so that may well be the
>     case.
>
>     -- Brane
>

> I didn't realize the install instructions had been edited to remove
> the "--system-site-packages" option when creating the virtualenv.
> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundInstall?action=diff&version=31&old_version=30
>
> In absence of additional modifications to the install steps, I believe
> the following is required:
> virtualenv --system-site-packages /opt/bloodhound/bhenv

I'm sort of not thrilled by the idea that you'd create a virtual
environment for bloodhound, but then expect certain packages to be
inherited from the system installation. It makes marginal sense for
Linux distros, where getting your MySQL bindings is a 'yum' or 'rpm' or
'apt-get' away, but what about other platforms?

-- Brane