bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Ryan J Ollos <rjol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Broken demo link
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2014 18:48:32 GMT
On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Arthur Kahlich <art@millcomputing.com>
wrote:

> I am sure you already know about this.
>
> I have a couple of older guys looking at bloodhound as part of an
> evaluation of which issue tracker to go with.

Just curious, what other issue trackers are you comparing to and what are
your primary criteria for selection?

> Naturally, both of them
> within *seconds* of looking at the default local installed home page
> without any prompting went to the bloodhound home page and hit the
> broken demo link. It's a bad first impression, and if not fixed it
> should be removed.

Yes, you are right that the downtime of the demo sites needs to be resolved
and it reflects poorly on the project.

> I will certainly be removing *any* links to the
> bloodhound home pages that contain the broken link from my installation.
> These 2 guys were my friendly reviewers - some others will not be so
> friendly, with a couple of them that may be downright hostile.

What sort of hostilities are we talking about here? ... masked men showing
up at my door at night with baseball bats? As an open source developer I
deal with those sorts of issues all the time and it doesn't even phase me
anymore.