bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Arthur Kahlich <...@millcomputing.com>
Subject Re: How do I get bloodhound to use REMOTE_USER from Apache?
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2014 06:25:22 GMT
Hmm.  It looks like what I want is working with very little effort on my
part.  All I did was to leave out the from the <VirtualHost ...>
definition the <LocationMatch> section and use a <Directory> section
that looks like:

    # This DefineExternalAuth sets this host to use pwauth for user
    # validation via PAM.  Communication is via pipe to stdin and stdout.
    DefineExternalAuth pwauth pipe /usr/bin/pwauth

   WSGIDaemonProcess bh_tracker user=bloodhound
python-path=/opt/bloodhound/bhenv/lib/python2.6/site-packages
   WSGIScriptAlias /bloodhound
/opt/bloodhound/environments/main/site/cgi-bin/trac.wsgi

   <Directory /opt/bloodhound/environments/main/site/cgi-bin>
     WSGIProcessGroup bh_tracker
     WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
        Allow From All
        AuthBasicProvider external
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "Password Required"
        AuthExternal pwauth
        Options FollowSymLinks Indexes
        Require valid-user
   </Directory>

where I have the authnz_external plugin to Apache installed and
configured elsewhere.

This works for me, but YMMV!

Art

--