bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cross Repository Support
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2014 02:24:50 GMT
On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 2:10 PM, David Beckett <david.beckett@sri.com>wrote:

>  Hello!
>
> Hi !
:)

> I am conducting market research for my company, SRI International Sarnoff,
> in the issue tracking software field. Our development teams currently
> utilize TRAC as our issue tracking software but we are looking to move to a
> new tool that supports multiple repositories in a parent-child hierarchical
> fashion. TRAC lacks this capability and it is critically hindering our
> development process.

You could get this done in both Trac and BH by implementing a custom
IRepositoryProvider ... IOW the issue tracker is flexible enough that it
impossible to implement your use case (... in a plugin though ...)

> We primarily operate in a Windows environment but would like the issue
> tracking software to have multiplatform support. I saw that Apache
> Bloodhound works well with subversion, which is important because we are
> looking for software that works tightly with TortoiseSVN.

JFTR , it also supports git , hg , ...

> My only other concern is if Bloodhound is also compatible with Jenkins,
> our continuous integration tool.

AFAICT both should be compatible with Jenkins ; but as usually happens u
could actually want more out of it ...

> I would greatly appreciate speaking with, or hearing from you, concerning
> Bloodhound's multiple repository support and its integration with Jenkins.
> We are very eager to move to a new issue tracking tool and Apache
> Bloodhound looks like a viable option.

What are your specific requirements regarding Jenkins + ( Trac | BH | ...)

.. [1] is trac-hacks.org down ?

[...]

--
Regards,