bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Mark Abbate <abbat...@gmail.com>
Subject xmlrpc auth question
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 21:43:31 GMT
Hello All

I am stuck on xmlrpc auth.

I am using 0.8dev and the latest xmlrpc plugin, with sqlite and the
builtin server.
I am using the apache xmlrpc java libs and I am also using
chrome-postman to cross-check.

I *think* that the only way I can create a ticket using xmlrpc or
postman is by using this URL:
     http://leela:8000/OSPS/products/mercer/login/xmlrpc
and by giving anonymous TRAC_ADMIN and XML_RPC permissions.

I cannot get this URL to work:
     http://leela:8000/OSPS/login/rpc
The log output shows:
     2014-03-10 16:10:07,696 Trac[web_ui] DEBUG: RPC(XML-RPC) call by
'anonymous'
despite creating valid basic auth headers in postman, or in the java
xmlrpc code.
The log output ends with:
      ServiceException: ServiceException details : columns product, id
are not unique

If I log in from another tab in the browser, and then use postman, I get
the same error but I do see my login name:
     2014-03-10 16:14:46,459 Trac[web_ui] DEBUG: RPC(XML-RPC) call by
'mabbate'
(That user does have TRAC_ADMIN and XML_RPC permissions)

So, how can I use xmlrpc with a non-anonymous user to avoid giving
giving anonymous those permissions?

I have looked around, read this:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/trac-users/lPnrfSOSmoo/6jmUIYqdttkJ
but that's over my head at this point. The fundamental issue seems
similar, the http server is defaulting to anonymous.
I saw the note about use of AccountManagerPlugIn. I am using
"TracAccountManager 0.4.3 User account management plugin for Trac"
so I did add as suggested.
     [account-manager]
     environ_auth_overwrite = false

I don't have much experience in this area, so I am looking for a simple
default setup with basic authentication. I do anticipate restricting
users to products, and taking advantage of other permissions, but do
need the xmlrpc interface to have full access.

Thanks - I appreciate the help!
Mark