bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Probleme with installation
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 18:19:18 GMT
On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 10:18 AM, Guillaume Meurice <
guillaume.meurice@gustaveroussy.fr> wrote:

> Thanks for quick reply.
>
> Unfortunately, the link you gave me seems corrupted (I haven't been able
> to untar the archive.
> So I've downloaded the tar.gz from here :
> https://archive.apache.org/dist/bloodhound/

That is strange. I just pulled from one of the mirrors and had not problem
extracting the archive. The checksum is correct too. Maybe you are just
having trouble pulling from a particular mirror.

> and re-reun the installation process.
>
> Still, I've been stuck at the same step :
> (bloodhound)[meurice@kototama : installer] $ python bloodhound_setup.py
>
> This installer is able to install Apache Bloodhound with either SQLite or
> PostgreSQL databases. SQLite is an easier option for installing Bloodhound
> as
> SQLite is usually built into Python and also requires no special
> permissions to
> run. However, PostgreSQL is generally expected to be more robust for
> production
> use.
> Do you want to install to a PostgreSQL database [Y/n]: n
>
> Please supply a username for the admin user [admin]: admin
> Enter a new password for "admin":
> Please reenter the password:
> Initenv for
> '/Users/meurice/Downloads/apache-bloodhound-0.7/installer/bloodhound/environments/main'
> failed.
> Wrong number of arguments: 3
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "bloodhound_setup.py", line 458, in <module>
>     bsetup.setup()
>   File "bloodhound_setup.py", line 244, in setup
>     self.writeconfig(baseini, [base_config, accounts_config])
>   File "bloodhound_setup.py", line 313, in writeconfig
>     config.save()
>   File "build/bdist.macosx-10.6-universal/egg/trac/config.py", line 237,
> in save
>   File "build/bdist.macosx-10.6-universal/egg/trac/util/__init__.py", line
> 171, in __init__
>   File
> "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/tempfile.py",
> line 293, in mkstemp
>     return _mkstemp_inner(dir, prefix, suffix, flags)
>   File
> "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/tempfile.py",
> line 228, in _mkstemp_inner
>     fd = _os.open(file, flags, 0600)
> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/Users/meurice/Downloads/apache-bloodhound-0.7/installer/bloodhound/environments/main/conf/base.ini-aryq5k'
> (bloodhound)[meurice@kototama : installer] $

I'm not sure what is going on with that garbage being appended to the
base.ini filename. I guess you are on OSX platform?

I'll investigate and get back to you.