bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wiki pages not stored as multiproduct
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 05:53:12 GMT
On 1/8/14, Michael Jinks <michael.jinks@gmail.com> wrote:
> Speaking of upgrading... Maybe this is a naive question, but I haven't
> been able to find any documentation describing how to upgrade
> Bloodhound. The "Upgrade" link in my copy of the built-in
> documentation appears to apply to Trac, which of course versions
> separately.

In principle it's the same procedure . Of course , upgrade steps are
different under the hood . But that's all encapsulated by a single
invocation of

$ trac-admin /path/to/bh/env upgrade

Bloodhound is yet another (set of) Trac plugin(s) out there
;)

> Am I making things more complicated than they need to be? Is it as
> simple as installing the new version and directing it to use a copy of
> my existing database?

All other recommendations mentioned in TracUpgrade are still valid .
These would be my additions :

  - There's no need to remove the previous copy if the code is
    pulled from BH svn repository
    * ... but it's highly recommended to remove all *.pyc files

TBH , I could not find anything else ... In any case should you find
any upgrade issues please let us know and/or document solutions in
bh:wiki:TracUpgrade [1]_ .

p.s. ... and , yes , maybe we should add some sections of the kind
Ā«Steps specific to a given Bloodhound versionĀ» , but more likely these
should be handled by the installer script .

.. [1] http://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/TracUpgrade

[...]

--
Regards,