bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Turning on source code browser
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 19:35:53 GMT
On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com>wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 12:20 PM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> [...]
>>>

>>> Maybe we are lacking on offering a link for users to go straight to
>>> repository browser from corresponding admin pages . If you feel this is the
>>> case please create a new ticket .
>>>

>> I think that adding a link to the repository in the browser is a
>> reasonable idea, I'm just not sure where we could place the link.
>>

> An iconic link close to repository name [1]_ ? The arrow may be replaced
> with something more obvious , or apply inverse logic to make text link
> point to the browser and use icon-cog to navigate to repos admin panel .
>
> .. [1] https://redpen.io/vs3krq

Either sounds good to me,

 1. The iconic link would be okay, if, as mentioned, we can determine an
intuitive icon.
 2. Make the name link point to the browser and use an icon-cog to navigate
to the edit page. If we make that change, we should probably make similar
changes for other Admin pages such as Ticket Components, Ticket Milestones,
etc .. It would be strange to go to the Repository Admin page and click on
the name of a repository to have it link to the repository, but on the
Ticket Components page have the name link to the edit page.

If we go with the icon-cog mentioned in (2), another feature to consider
would be having icon-cog links from the Repository Browser index page
directly to the Admin repository edit pages when the user has the
appropriate permissions.