bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commit Ticket Updater With Bloodhound 0.7
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 23:33:50 GMT
On 10/15/13, Joe Dreimann <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:

>> On 15 Oct 2013, at 23:03, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 10/15/13, Ben Smithers <smithers.ben@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> Olemis,
>>>
>>> As you suggested, I've created a new ticket for this:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/695
>>
>> Accepted . Thanks !

>>> You 'link' repositories to products though?
>>
>> Exactly , if a given repository is bound to several products then what
>> ticket shall be updated if commit message contains refs #1 ?
>>
>> [...]
>
> We can't update a ticket with it, at best we can provide some disambiguation
> mechanism.

Yes , you are right .

> Only #PROD-1 can be a valid link in a multi product environment.

Agreed

> I don't believe explicitly linking repos to products explicitly to allow #1
> links is the correct approach.

I've been thinking twice about it and I do not think that's an option either .

> Maybe optionally for migrated/merged
> environments.

hmmm ... I do not think so , in those case I'd rather recommend using
RPC or alike .

Nevertheless , I've been hesitating about whether to allow / disallow
ticket updates based on links . I mean , if repos R is linked to
product P1 & P2 then #P1-3 will update ticket 3 @ P1 , but #P4-8 will
be ignored with a warning (error ?) message . Is this convenient ?

--
Regards,

Olemis - @olemislc