bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Real product separation
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 16:53:41 GMT
On 10/2/13, Tomasz Lempart <tlempart@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

[...]

I have added patches for #388 and wanted to share with you the aim of
modifications looking for feedback to know whether the results are on
the right track .

I apologize for the delay , but I had to enhance and include a few
features in test code so as to be able to automate verifications of
expected results .

> For the following configuration user bhtest can not create ticket,
> because of lacking permissions.
>
> Trac [/opt/bloodhound/bloodhound]> permission list
>
> User    Action
> ----------------------
> bhtest      WIKI_VIEW
> tlempart    TRAC_ADMIN

Up to this point this is what is expected to happen for user bhtest in
global scope

  1. Wiki pages will be displayed
  2. QCT will be shown , but ...
  3. inline new ticket form will not be displayed ...
  4. ... but a warning message instead (no TICKET_CREATE ...)

> Trac [/opt/bloodhound/bloodhound]> product admin p1 permission list
>
> User    Action
> -------------------------
> bhtest      TICKET_CREATE

... in product p1 scope :

  5. Wiki pages will not be displayed
  6. QCT will not be shown in wiki page (because of the error) ...
  7. ... but will be rendered in p1' s /newticket form
  8. ... and inline new ticket form will be fully functional
  9. ... and product combo box will include p1 but not p2

> Trac [/opt/bloodhound/bloodhound]> product admin p2 permission list
>
> User    Action
> -----------------

In product p2 :

  10. Wiki pages will not be displayed
  11. QCT will not be shown in wiki page (because of the error) ...
  12. ... access to p2' s /newticket form will be forbidden
  13. ... hence QCT will not be shown in that page either ...

> If I add permission for global settings:
>
> Trac [/opt/bloodhound/bloodhound]> permission add bhtest TICKET_CREATE
>
> Trac [/opt/bloodhound/bloodhound]> permission list
>
> User    Action
> -------------------------
> bhtest      TICKET_CREATE
> bhtest      WIKI_VIEW
> tlempart    TRAC_ADMIN
>
> than user bhtest can create ticket for both products, what IMHO is wrong.

after doing so

... in product p1 scope :

  14. Wiki pages will be displayed
  15. QCT will be shown ...
  17. ... and inline new ticket form will be fully functional
  18. ... and product combo box will include p1 but not p2

... and all other conditions above for p1 and p2 remain unchanged .

> I use the latest version of BloodHound 0.7.

jftr, this has been developed against /trunk and should be released in
forthcoming 0.8

Is this ok ?

[...]

--