bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commit Ticket Updater With Bloodhound 0.7
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 19:22:52 GMT
On 10/15/13, Ben Smithers <smithers.ben@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has had any joy with the CommitTicketUpdater
> optional component with Bloodhound? (
> http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/CommitTicketUpdater)

AFAICT there is no explicit support for this in Bloodhound . That
component is not product aware .

> I'm not sure if my issue is Bloodhound related

Yes , please create a new ticket and I'll follow shortly after .
Thanks for detecting and reporting this issue .

> or some other issue - it
> appears that the component correctly identifies that I'm trying to
> reference a ticket (in this case, I was using 'See #1' in my commit
> message) but it cannot find the ticket. My logs show:
>
> 'ERROR: Unexpected error while processing ticket #1: ResourceNotFound:
> Ticket 1 does not exist'

JFTR , this happens because resoultion of reference to ticket #1 is
attempted in global (environment) context , nonetheless tickets are
bound to products .

> I wondered if this was a side-effect of the multi-project system.

yes

[...]
> I spoke with someone briefly on IRC about this and they also said that,
> while ticket numbers are currently unique across the whole Bloodhound
> installation, the plan is that ticket numbers in future will be with
> respect to a given project.

A few things have to be improved on the way to 0.8 , especially :

  - #668
  - functional testing of 0.7 => 0.8 upgrades

> This change would cause problems with kind of
> component (although I suspect the vast majority of use cases would have a
> separate VCS per project - in this case a number would still be sufficient
> to identify the ticket).

No , because the repositories are global . This means that it will be
necessary to configure which product the vcs ticket updater will act
upon .

> Grateful for any suggestions

Creating a new ticket is the first step to get there ... ;)

--
Regards,

Olemis - @olemislc