bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Joe Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Commit Ticket Updater With Bloodhound 0.7
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 23:15:21 GMT

> On 15 Oct 2013, at 23:03, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10/15/13, Ben Smithers <smithers.ben@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Olemis,
>>
>> As you suggested, I've created a new ticket for this:
>> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/695
>
> Accepted . Thanks !
>
>>> No , because the repositories are global . This means that it will be
>>> necessary to configure which product the vcs ticket updater will act
>>> upon .
>>

>> You 'link' repositories to products though?
>
> Exactly , if a given repository is bound to several products then what
> ticket shall be updated if commit message contains refs #1 ?
>
> [...]

We can't update a ticket with it, at best we can provide some disambiguation mechanism.

Only #PROD-1 can be a valid link in a multi product environment.

I don't believe explicitly linking repos to products explicitly to allow #1 links is the correct
approach. Maybe optionally for migrated/merged environments.

- Joe