bloodhound-user mailing list archives

From Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: THANK Jared Duncan PLEASE add this to the official Documentation
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 14:29:50 GMT
On 25 September 2013 23:36, altrovideo@gmail.com <altrovideo@gmail.com>wrote:

> Here is the list of commands I used, which might be helpful in updating the
> docs:
>
> ===
>
> mkdir /var/www/bh.mysite.com/
> cd !$
> tar zxvf /usr/local/src/apache-**bloodhound-0.7.tar.gz
> mv apache-bloodhound-0.7/ src
> cd src/installer/
> virtualenv --system-site-packages ../../python-virtualenv
> . !$/bin/activate
> pip install -r requirements.txt
> python bloodhound_setup.py --environments_directory=../..**/env -d sqlite
> --project=<env name> --default-product-prefix=<**prefix>
> --admin-user=<admin
> username>
> tracd --port=8000 /var/www/bh.mysite.com/env/<**env name>
> ^C
> trac-admin ../../env/<env name>/ # modify components, versions, milestones
> ^D
> trac-admin /var/www/bh.mysite.com/env/<**env name>/ deploy /var/www/
> bh.mysite.com/www
> # and now, to run via apache...
> sudo useradd bloodhound
> cd /var/www/bh.mysite.com/
> sudo chown -R bloodhound.www-data env www python-virtualenv
> sudo chmod -R ug+r env www python-virtualenv
> sudo chmod -R ug+w env
> vi /etc/apache2/sites-available/b**h.mysite.com <http://bh.mysite.com>
> sudo a2ensite bh.mysite.com
> sudo apache2ctl graceful
>
> ===
>
> ...and the contents of my /etc/apache2/sites-available/b**h.mysite.com<http://bh.mysite.com>file:
>
> ===
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>     ServerName bh.mysite.com
>
>     LogLevel warn
>     ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/bh.mysite.**com-error.log
>     CustomLog /var/log/apache2/bh.mysite.**com-access.log combined
>
>     WSGIDaemonProcess bh_tracker user=bloodhound python-path=/var/www/
> bh.mysite.com/python-**virtualenv/lib/python2.7/site-**packages<http://bh.mysite.com/python-virtualenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages>
>     WSGIScriptAlias / /var/www/bh.mysite.com/www/**cgi-bin/trac.wsgi<http://bh.mysite.com/www/cgi-bin/trac.wsgi>
>     <Directory /var/www/bh.mysite.com/www/**cgi-bin<http://bh.mysite.com/www/cgi-bin>
> >
>         WSGIProcessGroup bh_tracker
>         WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
>         Order deny,allow
>         Allow from all
>     </Directory>
>     <LocationMatch "/[^/]+/login">
>         AuthType Digest
>         AuthName "Bloodhound"
>         AuthDigestDomain /
>         AuthUserFile /var/www/bh.mysite.com/env/<**env
> name>/bloodhound.htdigest
>         Require valid-user
>     </LocationMatch>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> ===
>
> Cheers!
> Jared

Please add this helpfull advices, there are too many things untold in the
> official how to.

Hi Cristiano!

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure where this would be best added to
the wiki. As this is a community run project, it would be great if you
could register on the site and make the change yourself!

https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/register

Thanks,
Joe